Rob Mihalko is a patent attorney with experience in patent prosecution, IP portfolio management, contract drafting and negotiation, M&A, licensing, and litigation support. Rob also counsels clients regarding IP strategy and prepares offensive and defensive product and patent analyses, including pre-litigation settlement negotiations.
Through his years in the private sector, Rob gained direct experience in the electronics, computer and software sectors, with particular focus in image sensors, LiDAR, radar, autofocus/image stabilization, touch sense, battery management and protection, motor control, semiconductor manufacturing and packaging, among other technologies. Prior to practicing law, he gained design and test engineering experience at a leading microprocessor manufacturer in the areas of microprocessor design, flash memory, and graphics processing.
Education and Honors
- Arizona State University College of Law (J.D., 2011)
- Jurimetrics, Editor for ABA's Science & Technology Law Journal
- University of Illinois-Urbana (M.S., 2003)
- Major: Electrical Engineering
- University of Illinois-Urbana (B.S., highest honors, 2001)
- Major: Computer Engineering
- United States Patent and Trademark Office