Robert E. Doyle, Jr. practiced in the area of commercial and construction litigation. He has extensive jury, non-jury and appellate experience in complex civil litigation in several areas including construction defects, contract disputes, shareholder litigation, civil conspiracy, foreclosures, receiverships and lender liability. In addition, Mr. Doyle frequently negotiates multimillion dollar construction agreements for owners and contractors. His experience included:
- Representation of a major high rise contractor in litigation and pre-suit negotiations regarding claims of construction defects.
- Defense of a contractor in a multimillion dollar claim for overbilling.
- Defense of a company charged with civil conspiracy and multiple business torts.
- Defense of a restaurant chain against charges of mismanagement by a creditor seeking a receivership.
- Representation of a company targeted by labor union violence (arson) resulting in a judgment of over $1,000,000 after a jury trial.
- Negotiation of a hotel construction contract for more than $80,000,000.
Education and Honors
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., 1975)
- George Washington University (B.A., 1970)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 1998
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1976
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida (Trial Bar), 1976
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Florida Bar (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Construction Industry Forum Committee
- Collier County Bar Association (Member)
- Collier Building Industry Association (Member)
- The Fillabelly Foundation, Inc.
- Director, (1989-1997); President (1993-1996)
- Economic Development Council of Collier County
- Chairman (2002-2003); Trustee Member and Board of Directors (1995-1997, 1999-2004)
- Collier County Airport Authority
- Vice-Chairman (2002, 2004); Director (1999-2004)
- Stetson University College of Law Board of Overseers (Executive Committee)
- Association for Conflict Resolution (Member)
- Florida Academy of Professional Mediators (Member)
- Certified as a Civil Trial Advocate (National Board of Trial Advocacy)
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers Distinguished Achievement Award (Recipient)
- Adjunct Professor (Barry University, Political Science Department)
- Selected “Leading American Attorneys” – Commercial Litigation
- Peer rated “AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5” Martindale-Hubbell (1984 - present)
- Peer rated “Florida Super Lawyer” (2006 - present)
- Paul May Meritorious Service Award - Stetson Law School (2008)
- Volunteer of the Year - Collier Economic Development Council (2003)