Robert Stracks assists broker-dealers in the municipal securities industry with respect to regulatory matters and municipal securities offerings. Prior to joining Quarles & Brady LLP, Bob spent more than 40 years as inside and outside counsel to several municipal securities dealers with full responsibility for legal and compliance matters, including general supervisory and operating procedures, primarily disclosure and due diligence matters with respect to new offerings, continuing disclosure matters, municipal advisor regulation, supervisory controls, annual compliance reviews and continuing education programs. In his latest position, Bob was the corporate secretary with full responsibility for all corporate governance matters. Bob also monitored and analyzed all new legislative and regulatory initiatives and worked closely with industry trade associations in commenting upon and shaping various regulatory initiatives proposed by the SEC, FINRA and the MSRB.
Bob's recent experience includes representing various broker-dealer clients in developing procedures to conform to new regulatory mandates relating to municipal advisors, best execution, and securities offering disclosure.
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Public Finance
- Business Law
- Energy, Environment & Natural Resources
Education and Honors
- Harvard Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 1967)
- Harvard Law Review (Board of Editors)
- University of Michigan (B.A., with distinction, 1964)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Professional and Civic Activities
- Winnetka Community House (Member of Board of Governors, Member and Secretary of Endowment Board, Chairman of Strategic Planning Committee, Member of Audit and Finance Committee)
- Chicago District Golf Association (Board Member and past Executive Committee Member and Chairman of Rules of Golf Committee)
- Illinois Seniors Golf Association (Board Member and President)
- Illinois Junior Golf Association (Past President)