Robert Bailes is a retired partner with Quarles & Brady. He has extensive experience in real estate financing and commercial lending, and in the purchase and sale of commercial property. His practice emphasized the representation of financial institutions, and included the representation of local and national lenders in the following:
- Construction loans, permanent and standing loans, standby loans, equity participation and contingent interest loans, leasehold financing, secured revolving lines of credit, loans with collateral in multiple states and lines of credit secured by multiple properties.
- Loan assumptions, loan modifications, and loan restructures.
- Loan participations, sale of loans, subordinations and intercreditor agreements.
- Advice regarding distressed loans, forbearance and standstill transactions and deeds in lieu of foreclosure.
- Sale of REO property.
Mr. Bailes' practice involved a wide variety of properties, including regional shopping malls, power centers, neighborhood centers and strip centers, industrial parks, high rise and other office buildings, resort and other hotel properties, recreational properties, golf courses, mobile home parks, apartment buildings, planned area developments, residential subdivisions, health care centers and agricultural properties.
Education and Honors
- University of Toledo (J.D., 1973)
- Illinois Institute of Technology (B.S., 1968)
- The Ohio State University (B.S., 1968)
- Ohio (Inactive)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Maricopa County Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member, Business Law, Real Property and Probate Law Sections)
- State Bar of Arizona (Member, Business and Real Estate Sections; Chairman, Business Law Section, 1990-1991; Member & Reporter, Business Law Section Subcommittee Report on Rendering Legal Opinions in Business Transactions)
- Arizona Commercial Mortgage Bankers Association (Member)
- First United Methodist Church Administrative Board (Member)
- First Methodist Foundation of Phoenix (Former President)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®
- Speaker on real estate and commercial lending subjects for Professional Education Systems, Inc., the Maricopa County Bar Association and at programs for various lending institutions