Ryan Lovitz is a partner in the Business Law Practice Group and his practice focuses on the representation of public companies in connection with securities law compliance, corporate governance matters, and offerings. Prior to entering the practice of law, Ryan worked in corporate finance at a leading global retail company for several years.
Ryan’s experience includes:
- Representing public companies in connection with reporting under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, exchange listing requirements, and regulatory compliance.
- Advising companies and their boards on corporate governance and general corporate law matters.
- Consulting on securities law aspects of executive compensation programs.
- Representing issuers and underwriters in connection with offerings of securities, including initial public offerings and secondary offerings.
Ryan is focused on exceeding client expectations. He takes a genuine interest in each client’s business and uses that knowledge, as well as his experience, to deliver practical advice.
Education and Honors
- Ohio State University–Moritz College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2006)
- Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution, Associate Editor
- Public Service Fellow with the Dean's Special Recognition (Moritz College of Law)
- 2006 Moritz Ambassador
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (B.S., with high honors, 1999)
- Beta Gamma Sigma
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association
- Milwaukee Justice Center Volunteer
- Society for Corporate Governance