Sara A. Cooper is a real estate attorney with Quarles & Brady LLP. She focuses her practice primarily on commercial lease and asset management transactions, as well as commercial sales and acquisitions. Sara advises landlords, institutional owners, asset managers, investors, developers, real estate investment trusts (REITs), and tenants in all aspects of commercial leasing, including office, retail, light industrial, and medical office leasing. She also represents both sellers and purchasers in connection with the acquisition and disposition of commercial office, mixed-use, and retail properties.
Sara's recent experience includes:
- On-going representation of landlord in all leases for a 1,300,000 square foot office project in Chicago, Illinois, owned by major institutional investor.
- On-going representation of large national retail chain for its retail leases in shopping centers around the country
- On-going representation of landlord in all leases for a large medical center in a southwestern suburb of Chicago, Illinois, owned by major institutional investor.
Education and Honors
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (J.D., with honors, 2009)
- Dean's List. Teaching Assistant, Property
- CALI Awards for Excellence: Property, Legal Writing III, and Trial Advocacy II
- Judicial Extern, Honorable Allen S. Goldberg, Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois, Law Division
- Legal Extern, Cook County Public Defender
- Boston College (B.A., cum laude, 2005)
- Major: Theater Arts, French
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2011
Professional and Civic Activities
- Chicago Bar Association (Member)
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services, Mortgage Foreclosure Mediation Program (Volunteer)
- American Bar Association (Member)