Sarah Belger is a member of the Labor & Employment group who focuses her practice on employment-related litigation. She is a trial lawyer with first-chair trial experience and also defends employers before federal, state and appellate courts, administrative agencies and in arbitration settings.
Sarah counsels and defends clients in claims under Title VII, the American Disabilities Act (ADA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), and other federal, state and local laws.
In addition to her litigation experience, Sarah also advises clients on employment policies and procedures, internal investigations, drafting executive agreements, and disability accommodation. She represents a wide variety of companies and industries, including government contractors, professional services, IT, health care, hospitality, and nonprofit organizations.
Education and Honors
- George Washington University Law School (J.D., 2004)
- Washington and Lee University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1999)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
Professional and Civic Activities
- Fairfax Bar Association (Member)
- District of Columbia Bar (Member)
- Virginia Bar Association (Member)
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019-2020 (Employment Law: Management)
- Selected for inclusion in Washington D.C. Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars 2013 - 2017 (Employment Litigation: Defense, Employment and Labor)
- Selected for inclusion in Virginia Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars 2012-2017 (Employment Litigation: Defense, Employment and Labor)
- Virginia Business Magazine "Legal Elite" 2015-2017