Sarah has amassed an excellent library of resources for health professionals who are interested in learning more about HIPAA laws. She sits on the Executive Committee of the HIPAA Collaborative of Wisconsin (affectionately called “the HIPAA COW”), which offers an excellent variety of resources and information on the topic. Visit the HIPAA COW site to find Sarah’s publications and presentations below, and more.
- “HIPAA Review: Keeping PHI Private and Secure,” presented at the Wisconsin Medical Society Conference, May 2013
- “Who’s Been Snooping in My Records?” panel moderator at the HIPAA COW Spring Conference, April 2013
- “Stay Out of Jail and Be Compliant – the new Final HIPAA Rule on Enforcement and Notices of Privacy Practices,” presented in the Quarles & Brady HIPAA Rule Change Webinar Series, April 2013
- “What Is in the Final HIPAA Rule, What Is Not, and What To Do about Business Associates,” presented in the Quarles & Brady HIPAA Rule Change Webinar Series, March 2013
- “Fun with HIPAA: A Refresher and Client Update,” February 2013
- “Breach Notification and Disclosures to Law Enforcement,” presented at the HIPAA COW Spring Conference, April 2012
- Chapter co-author, “Strategies for Complying with Evolving HIPAA and HITECH Regulations,” Inside the Minds: Recent Developments with HIPAA, November 2010