Sarah Anchors practices general commercial litigation, with a focus on lender liability, consumer protection statutes, and insurance policyholder representation. She assists companies address their potential exposure and resolve disputes in multiple areas, including TCPA and consumer protection class actions, insurance coverage, and mortgage services.
Consumer Protection Experience:
Sarah supports companies in various industries with navigating how to call, text, and fax their customers and consumers, and defends clients against lawsuits, including class actions, alleging violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and Junk Fax Prevention Act. Her experience includes:
- Advises national health services companies about text messaging patients.
- Defended a national health products company against claims for unlawful marketing calls.
- Secured an FCC waiver for a provision of the Junk Fax Prevention Act for a company selling dental products.
She helps clients pursue insurance companies for coverage of lability claims, including allegations of defective construction, professional negligence, and violation of directors' and officers' responsibilities. She assists companies in evaluating insurance claims for property damage, and also advises companies regarding cyberinsurance.
- Assisted a state agency in settling with its insurer for a $1.8 million environmental clean-up claim.
- Obtained coverage for professional liability claims against a doctor.
- Secured insurance coverage for a general contractor for a construction defects claim.
Mortgage Services Experience:
Sarah regularly defends financial institutions and mortgage services in foreclosure-related litigation in Arizona, New Mexico, Virginia, and Maryland, obtaining dismissal or settlements. Frequently, she works with clients to comply with the rigors of regulations such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), and to obtain dismissal, judgment or favorable settlement of consumers’ claims.
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Data Privacy & Security
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Financial Institutions Litigation
Education and Honors
- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University (J.D., magna cum laude, 2007)
- Graduated Order of the Coif and with High Pro Bono Distinction; Women Law Students' Association Member of the Year
- Arizona State Law Journal, Articles Chair and Symposium Committee chair, presenting "Conversations About Justice Sandra Day O'Connor"
- Winner of the American Bar Association Tort, Trial & Insurance Practice Section 2007 Law Student Writing Competition
- Externships: Judge Michael Daly Hawkins, Ninth Circuit, 2006; Judge Mary H. Murguia, U.S. District Court of Arizona, 2005
- University of Maryland (B.A., cum laude, 2000)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Maryland, Delaware, D.C. Press Association Outstanding News-Editorial Senior Award
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2008
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2007
Professional and Civic Activities
- Pro Bono Coordinator for the Quarles Phoenix Office
- Member of the ABA Section of Litigation, Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee
- Cardozo Society (board member)
- Arizona Women Lawyers Association, Maricopa County Chapter, former committee co-chair
- Park Central Toastmasters (Former Vice President of Education)
- Keep Phoenix Beautiful (pro bono counsel and former board member)
- Women's Metropolitan Arts Council (former board member)
- Southwest Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars (2014–2017: Business Litigation)
- 2010 Top Pro Bono Attorney in Arizona award from the Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education