Shannon O'Boye is an attorney practicing in the firm's Commercial Litigation and Health Law Groups. Her health law practice includes advising clients on federal regulatory and compliance issues and defending clients before professional boards.
Shannon has experience in the following areas
- Advising clients on federal regulatory issues, including compliance with the Controlled Substance Act, the Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act of 2005, and U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) regulations.
- Conducting internal investigations on behalf of clients involved in civil litigation with the DEA.
- Drafting response letters to state and federal regulators to resolve administrative investigations.
- Analyzing federal and state pharmaceutical laws and regulations.
- Representing clients in complex commercial contract disputes.
Prior to joining Quarles & Brady, Shannon worked as an investigative reporter at the South Florida Sun-Sentinel in Fort Lauderdale, and as a suburban government reporter for the Philadelphia Inquirer in Philadelphia.
Education and Honors
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (J.D., 2009)
- Order of the Coif; Kent Legal Scholar; Dean's List; Seven CALI Awards for highest grade
- high honors
- Judicial Extern, Honorable Wayne R. Andersen, United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Legal Extern, Consumer Fraud Division, Office of the Illinois Attorney General
- New York University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1998)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2010
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Illinois State Bar Association (Member)
- Chicago Bar Association (Member)
- Women's Bar Association of Illinois (Member)
- American Health Lawyers Association (Member)