As a commercial litigator and business attorney, Shauna works hard to achieve her clients’ goals. She uses her strong analytical skills and good judgment in every case she takes, and she is notable for driving her cases to a successful finish. Shauna represents clients in federal and state court at all stages of litigation, from early case assessment to trial and appeals. Her jury trial experience includes the successful litigation of shareholder disputes, contract claims, and felony charges. She has authored numerous winning appellate briefs, and has experience filing successful petitions for certiorari review and interlocutory review.
Shauna is passionate about advising and advocating for her clients, using efficient yet creative approaches to disputes. She has represented clients in a wide variety of civil matters, including matters of corporate control, covenants not to compete, corporate governance, statutory and contractual disputes, and breach of fiduciary duties. Shauna is a fierce litigator who thinks outside the box and avidly works to advocate for her clients’ best interests.
Prior to joining Quarles & Brady LLP, Shauna clerked for the IRS Office of Chief Counsel in Washington, D.C., working with small businesses, pass-throughs and special industries.
Education and Honors
- Pennsylvania State University, The Dickinson School of Law (J.D., 2013)
- Penn State Law Review, Editorial Board Articles Editor
- CALI Awards (highest grade) in Insurance and Real Estate Transactions
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.A., 2010)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
Professional and Civic Activities
- Association for Women Lawyers, past president
- Milwaukee Young Lawyers Association, past president
- Wisconsin Bar Association, member
- Milwaukee Bar Association, member
- Wisconsin Law Journal, 2018 Up and Coming Lawyer
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars, Business Litigation, 2018-present
- The Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch," 2021, 2022