Stan Johnson is the chair of the Arizona Real Estate Practice Group, with a broad-based commercial real estate practice representing clients in acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, development, land banking and financing. Stan provides clients with level-headed and practical advice, always with the underlying purpose of maximizing certainty and predictability in their real estate transactions.
Stan's experience includes the following:
Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Representation of an institutional pension fund in the sale of high-rise office building with mixed-use components.
- Representation of a regional commercial developer in its portfolio disposition.
- Representation of a national assisted-living facilities operator in the acquisition of multiple facilities.
- Representation of banks and other lenders in the acquisition (through foreclosure and deeds in lieu), repositioning and subsequent sale of distressed commercial properties.
- Representation of court-appointed receivers in the management, repositioning and sale of hotels, retail centers and industrial properties.
- Representation of an institutional pension fund in the acquisition of multi-family properties.
- Representation of national and local homebuilders in property acquisitions for residential development.
- Representation of ownership in suburban and urban office leases.
- Representation of a franchisee restaurant owner in a series of retail center leases.
- Representation of doctor practice groups in medical office leases.
- Representation of national developer in its development of 10,000+ acre master planned community, including land acquisition, management and commercial and homebuilder sales.
- Representation of semiconductor technologies company in the partial sale and redevelopment of its industrial campus.
- Representation of developer in a joint venture for redevelopment of prime urban property as a mixed-use project.
- Representation of regional developer in the development and sale of mixed-use properties with office, restaurant, hotel and retail components.
- Representation of privately-held investment firm in a series of land banking transactions covering in excess of 1,200 residential lots, involving equity and debt financing.
- Representation of lenders (national and regional banks) and borrowers (investors and homebuilders) in commercial real estate financing for acquisition and construction.
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, Certificate, Quarles & Brady Leadership Program (2016)
- University of Utah College of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Order of the Coif
- Utah Law Review
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award
- William H. Leary Scholar
- Brigham Young University (B.S., 1999)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Habitat for Humanity, Central Arizona (Member of Board of Directors)
- State Bar of Arizona (Member, Real Estate Property Section)
- Maricopa County Bar Association (Member, Real Property Section)
- Urban Land Institute (Member)
- Volunteer Lawyer Program (Volunteer)
- Wills for Heroes (Volunteer)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2016-present: Real Estate Law)