Steve Tight is an experienced and strategic corporate attorney and deal-maker who represents a wide variety of clients including public and private companies, private equity firms and venture capital funds in complex commercial transactions. His areas of practice include mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, securities, private equity and venture capital across a range of industries— with particular depth in the health care, life sciences, medical device and biotechnology fields. He has substantial transactional experience involving both dental practice groups and physician practice groups and the structuring knowledge to ensure compliance with corporate practice of dentistry (CPOD) and corporate practice of medicine (CPOM) regulations.
With an extensive background as both a law firm partner and a corporate general counsel, Steve brings a unique, practical perspective to his clients throughout a transaction’s life cycle. His practice includes domestic and cross-border transactions ranging in value from $5 million to $1 billion and more, tender and exchange offers, contests for corporate control, going-private transactions, asset acquisitions and divestitures, spin-offs, joint ventures, venture capital and strategic investments, securities offerings and private equity transactions.
Prior to joining Quarles & Brady LLP, Steve was a member of the Office of the General Counsel (Corporate Development: Securities, Transactions and International) of a Midwest-based health care, insurance and technology company that regularly ranks in the top 50 of the Fortune 500 list representing it and its subsidiaries throughout the mergers and acquisitions and strategic investment continuum where he assisted in the deployment of tens of billions of dollars of capital.
- Business Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Health & Life Sciences
Education and Honors
- University of Minnesota Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1997)
- St. Olaf College (B.A., 1993)
- English Literature and Economics
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, member
- Business Law Section Minnesota State Bar Association, member
- Hennepin & Ramsey County Bar Association, member
- Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon: Past Chair - Rules and Officiating Committee of the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon Board of Directors
- American Heart and Stroke Association - Heart Stroke Gala, executive leadership team (2012-2014)
- Minneapolis Golf Club, Board of Directors & Executive Committee Member (2015-2017)