Steve Emerick's practice is focused on corporate finance, securities and business transactions for companies in a broad range of industries, including semiconductor technology, biotechnology, medical devices, information technology, airlines, manufacturing and financial services. Mr. Emerick's experience includes:
- Representing domestic and foreign issuers in connection with public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, including initial public offerings, secondary offerings, and Rule 144A debt and convertible debt offerings.
- Representing domestic and foreign issuers in connection with SEC periodic reporting and regulatory compliance.
- Assisting domestic and foreign issuers in implementing corporate governance reforms to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- Representing buyers and sellers in public and private merger and acquisition transactions.
- Representing businesses and investors, including licensed Small Business Investment Companies, in venture capital investments.
- Representing airlines in aircraft finance and leasing transactions, including single investor, leveraged and cross border transactions, and representing buyers and sellers in aircraft transactions.
- Representing bank and captive and independent leasing company lessors in equipment leasing transactions.
- Business Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Higher Education
- Health & Life Sciences
Education and Honors
- Lewis & Clark College (J.D., cum laude, 1984)
- Juragey Scholar
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Omicron Delta Epsilon
- Environmental Law Review (1983-1984)
- Oregon State University (B.S., 1981)
- highest honors
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- State Bar of Arizona (Member)
- Maricopa County Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2009-present: Corporate Law / Equipment Finance Law / Securities/Capital Markets Law)
- Listed in AZ Business Magazine TOP Lawyers List (Corporate Law, 2008)
- Selected for inclusion in the 2007 Southwest Super Lawyers® list (Mergers & Acquisitions)
- Listed in Chambers USA® (2004-present: Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions)