Examples of our recent experience include the following:
- Drafting the first Energy and Climate Change report for a Fortune 500 transportation sector corporation.
- Lobbying the State of Arizona regarding the proper legal approach required to adopt a state climate change action plan and to prepare regulations to implement the Western Climate Initiative.
- Advising a manufacturing facility regarding the potential for securing future voluntary emissions reductions credits relating to a restructuring and change in operation at a facility.
- Assisting startup “cleantech” companies with obtaining financing and assisting private equity sources in evaluating potential investments in cleantech companies.
- Advising Arizona’s largest manufacturer regarding implementation of a cleaner energy/reduced carbon footprint program at multiple manufacturing plants in Arizona.
- Participating in E-Verify to obtain work authorization for foreign nationals at renewable energy companies doing business with the State of Arizona and the Federal Government.
- Assisting manufacturers in interpreting and complying with Energy Star and federal minimum energy efficiency requirements issued under the Energy Conservation Policy Act.
Our attorneys also advise clients on the following:
- Emissions reductions and other “green” credits as part of transactional due diligence.
- Tax and capital market-related aspects of climate change planning and projects.
- Land use and green building (“LEED”) certification.
- The preparation of corporate climate change plans.
- The preparation of disclosures of annual greenhouse gas emissions.
- Efforts to lobby state and tribal governments regarding approaches to climate change regulation and approvals of proposed green energy projects.
- The generation, ownership, and use of Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs).
- The substantiation and defense of claims regarding “green” products and the preservation of rights regarding such products.
- Tribal, state and federal regulatory developments regarding proposed regulations related to climate change.
- Private placement memoranda for green and cleantech companies, and evaluating those memoranda for potential investors and other equity sources.
- Preparation of conservation easements on property held by land trusts and corporate entities.