It may be insufficient to simply list Rob’s legal services, because the value he represents lies in the extent to which he is always available to his clients, the depth to which he involves himself in their day-to-day as well as generational affairs, and the degree to which he maintains clear and informative communications with them. Given those values and disciplines, Rob performs the following functions as a trusts & estates attorney:
- Design, preparation, and implementation of general estate plans for individuals and families, focused on tax efficiency, probate avoidance, and confidentiality, including preparation of wills, revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, and other ancillary documents.
- Representation of individuals, charities, and fiduciaries in the mediation, settlement, and ultimate litigation of disputes or controversies surrounding beneficial interests in estates or trusts.
- Structure and implementation of sophisticated gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer tax planning techniques designed to minimize the tax impact of multi-generational wealth transfers.
- Structure and implementation of valuation discount strategies for both individuals and corporations, focused on optimizing estate and gift tax objectives.
- Representation of affluent families during the transfer of closely held business interests or other forms of family-created wealth among generational levels.
- Structure and organization of family foundations.
- Preparation, review, and negotiation of ante-nuptial agreements.