Tom Francis is a member of the firm's Business Law Practice Group. He represents a broad range of clients, including private companies and investors, in complex business transactions, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financing, business formation, founder matters, and ongoing governance.
During law school Tom was a judicial extern in the chambers of Judge Kim McLane Wardlaw of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. He was also a legal extern at the United States Attorney's Office - Tax Division in Los Angeles. Prior to law school Tom worked as a police officer for five years in the City of Pasadena, CA and served on his department’s Homeless Outreach Psychiatric Evaluation Team. Tom is fluent in Spanish and enjoys using his foreign language ability in both business and pro bono matters.
- Business Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Education and Honors
- University of Iowa College of Law (J.D., 2013)
- Iowa Law Review, Member
- Woodbury University (M.A., 2008)
- Major: Organizational Leadership
- Boise State University (B.B.A., 2004)
- Major: Business Economics
- Minor: Spanish with Business Emphasis
- Supreme Court of Washington