Tracy Bradford Farley practices in all areas of labor and employment law, with a concentration in employment discrimination litigation on behalf of management. Some of Ms. Farley's litigation experience includes the following:
- Obtaining verdicts in bench trials and administrative hearings in individual plaintiff cases alleging age discrimination, disability discrimination, retaliation, and breach of contract.
- Obtaining judgment on various types of employment discrimination cases, including Myers v. U.S. Cellular, 2007 WL 4462150 (6th Cir. 2007) (unpublished)(sex discrimination); Roberts v. U.S. Cellular, 635 F.Supp.2d 948 (N.D. Iowa) (multi-plaintiff age discrimination); Enriquez v. U.S. Cellular, 2008 WL 4925012 (N.D. Ill. 2008) (multi-plaintiff sexual harassment, retaliation, and intentional infliction of emotional distress); and Purdy v. U.S. Cellular, 2007 WL 595509 (E.D. Tenn. 2007) (FMLA and ERISA retaliation).
- Defending a sexual harassment and discrimination class action brought by a group of female employees against an insurance company.
- Defending employers in actions brought by the EEOC, including Equal Employment Opportunity Commission v. World Kitchen, Inc., Case No. 1:05-CV-1970 (MD. Penn.) (sex discrimination).
In addition to her significant litigation experience, Ms. Farley advises employers on a wide range of issues, including grievances, employee discipline and termination, discrimination and harassment, disability and leave issues, wage and hour matters, employment policies, and personnel reorganizations.
Ms. Farley previously served a two-year term as a law clerk to the Honorable Suzanne B. Conlon of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Labor & Employment
- Data Privacy & Security
- ERISA Litigation
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Financial Institutions Litigation
Education and Honors
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (J.D., magna cum laude, 1995)
- Harno Fellow
- Northwestern University (B.S., 1991)
- Major: Political Science
- Concentration: Asian Studies
- Waseda University, International Division (1990)
- Focus: Intensive Japanese language training, international relations, political science and economics
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Chicago Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section (1995–2002). (Vice Chair, project officer, Co-chair of the National Mock Trial Competition, and Co-chair of the Federal Trial Bar Training Course)
- Selected for inclusion in Illinois Super Lawyers® (2014–present: Employment & Labor)