Tracy Bradford Farley practices in all areas of labor and employment law, with a concentration in employment discrimination litigation on behalf of management. Some of Ms. Farley's litigation experience includes the following:
- Obtaining verdicts in bench trials and administrative hearings in individual plaintiff cases alleging age discrimination, disability discrimination, retaliation, and breach of contract.
- Obtaining judgment on various types of employment discrimination cases, including Myers v. U.S. Cellular, 2007 WL 4462150 (6th Cir. 2007) (unpublished)(sex discrimination); Roberts v. U.S. Cellular, 635 F.Supp.2d 948 (N.D. Iowa) (multi-plaintiff age discrimination); Enriquez v. U.S. Cellular, 2008 WL 4925012 (N.D. Ill. 2008) (multi-plaintiff sexual harassment, retaliation, and intentional infliction of emotional distress); and Purdy v. U.S. Cellular, 2007 WL 595509 (E.D. Tenn. 2007) (FMLA and ERISA retaliation).
- Defending a sexual harassment and discrimination class action brought by a group of female employees against an insurance company.
- Defending employers in actions brought by the EEOC, including Equal Employment Opportunity Commission v. World Kitchen, Inc., Case No. 1:05-CV-1970 (MD. Penn.) (sex discrimination).
In addition to her significant litigation experience, Ms. Farley advises employers on a wide range of issues, including grievances, employee discipline and termination, discrimination and harassment, disability and leave issues, wage and hour matters, employment policies, and personnel reorganizations. Ms. Farley also has conducted numerous internal investigations for multiple clients as well as counseled and trained clients on internal investigations, including those involving employee whistleblower matters.
Ms. Farley previously served a two-year term as a law clerk to the Honorable Suzanne B. Conlon of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Labor & Employment
- ERISA Litigation
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Financial Institutions Litigation
Education and Honors
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (J.D., magna cum laude, 1995)
- Harno Fellow
- Northwestern University (B.S., 1991)
- Major: Political Science
- Concentration: Asian Studies
- Waseda University, International Division (1990)
- Focus: Intensive Japanese language training, international relations, political science and economics
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Chicago Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section (1995–2002). (Vice Chair, project officer, Co-chair of the National Mock Trial Competition, and Co-chair of the Federal Trial Bar Training Course)
- Selected for inclusion in Illinois Super Lawyers® (2014–present: Employment & Labor)