Travis Eliason is a member of the Firm’s Restructuring, Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights Practice Group and the Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Group. Travis focuses his practice on resolving complex commercial disputes both inside and outside of the courtroom. He has extensive experience representing financial institutions, supply and distribution companies, private equity firms, equipment leasing companies, franchisors, and other businesses in pre-litigation negotiations and workouts, as well as in state and federal courts across the country, including bankruptcy proceedings.
Travis is also part of the Firm’s Automotive Industry Team, and he regularly works with automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to enhance distribution and navigate the complex regulatory landscape which governs the industry. Among other things, Travis counsels OEMs with respect to dealership and franchise disputes, incentive programs and dealer network performance initiatives, strategies and disputes involving warranties and related programs, and issues arising under dealership agreements and dealer operating procedures.
Travis also devotes a substantial amount of time to pro bono legal services, including serving as a Guardian Ad Litem (“GAL”) in proceedings involving children in Cook County. He also currently coordinates and oversees a team of Quarles pro bono attorneys who also volunteer as GALs in numerous cases in Cook County.
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring, and Creditor's Rights
- Automotive Industry
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
Education and Honors
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2009)
- Hispanic National Bar Association Moot Court (2007, Best Oral Advocacy and Best Oral and Written Advocacy combined; 2008, Editor)
- Wheaton College, Illinois (B.A., 2004)
- Majors: Business and Economics
- Men’s Varsity Soccer
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
Professional and Civic Activities
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services, board member
- Michael L. Gonring Pro Bono Partner of the Year Award, 2020
- Illinois Emerging Lawyer - Law Bulletin Media, Bankruptcy & Workout: Commercial; Creditor's Rights/Commercial Collections, 2017–present
- Illinois Super Lawyers®–Rising Stars Edition, Bankruptcy: Business, 2016–2019