Travis is a litigator focusing his practice in the area of high-exposure product liability matters. He has defended product manufacturers in state and federal courts across the country, at the trial and appellate level, and has hands-on experience in all aspects of litigation. Travis understands the engineering principles at issue in product liability cases and knows that clients are served best by attorneys who understand their products and business.
Travis represents manufacturers of a variety of products, including motorcycles, heavy machinery such as skid steer loaders and mining equipment, consumer products including beer bottles/packaging and hand tools, and towing equipment, to name a few.
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2014)
- Moot Court Board (President); Mock Trial Program (President); Latino Law Student Association (Member)
- Habush, Habush & Rottier Outstanding Trial Advocacy Award; Susan Steingass Outstanding Trial Advocacy Award
- NITA Tournament of Champions Trial Team (Co-Captain)
- Wisconsin Idea and Russell Bonfiglio Memorial merit-based scholarships
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (B.A., cum laude, 2011)
- Honors Program
- Student Body President
- Mock Trial Team Captain
- Commencement Ceremony Student Speaker
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2014
Professional and Civic Activities
- Centro Legal (Board of Directors; 2015–2017 Planning Committee member for annual gala fundraiser)
- Centro Legal offers pro bono legal services in Milwaukee and focuses on family law and domestic abuse issues.
- State Bar of Wisconsin – Pro Bono Honor Society (2015)
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers®-Rising Stars Edition 2018 (PI - Products Defense)