Veronica Brooks has over 25 years experience in the legal field, with the past 18 years as trademark paralegal, manager and intellectual property administrator.
Her trademark experience includes:
- Domestic and foreign trademark search, clearance, prosecution, maintenance and enforcement.
- Due diligence and transfers in complex international transactions.
- Application of international treaties to trademark practice.
- Guest Speaker, DePaul University Paralegal Studies Certificate Program (various engagements), 2008-2009
- Author, Trademark Litigation INTA Roundtable outline, presented in over 25 cities around the U.S. for non-attorneys
- Co-authored, "Skills for New Managers," article for International Paralegal Management Association's bi-monthly magazine
- Interviewer, Chicago Scholars Program, 2008
- Moderator, "United States Patent and Trademark Office/Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Electronic Procedures - Taking the Fear Out of Electronic Filings," INTA Annual Meeting, 2006
- Moderator, "Docketing for the Trademark Administrator - Software and Non-Technical Method," INTA Annual Meeting 2006
- Speaker, McDonald's Corporation Law Day