Veronica Brooks is a paralegal in the Intellectual Property Practice Group who focuses her support in the areas of trademarks, copyrights and intellectual property portfolio management. She has decades of experience in the legal field as a trademark paralegal, paralegal manager and intellectual property administrator.
- Domestic and foreign trademark search, clearance, prosecution, maintenance and enforcement.
- Domestic and foreign trademark portfolio management.
- Due diligence and transfers in complex international transactions.
- Application of international treaties to trademark practice.
- Guest Speaker, DePaul University Paralegal Studies Certificate Program (various engagements), 2008-2009
- Author, Trademark Litigation International Trademark Association Roundtable outline, presented in over 25 cities around the U.S. for non-attorneys
- Co-authored, "Skills for New Managers," article for International Paralegal Management Association's bi-monthly magazine
- Interviewer, Chicago Scholars Program, 2008
- Moderator, "United States Patent and Trademark Office/Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Electronic Procedures - Taking the Fear Out of Electronic Filings," International Trademark Association Annual Meeting, 2006
- Moderator, "Docketing for the Trademark Administrator - Software and Non-Technical Method," International Trademark Association Annual Meeting 2006
- Speaker, McDonald's Corporation Law Day