Scott Jenkins is the Chair of the Firm's Arizona Bankruptcy Group, and the Co-Chair of the Summer Recruiting Committee and is the Lateral Hiring Partner in Arizona. He is recognized in Best Lawyers in America® in both the areas of Commercial Litigation and Bankruptcy, by Southwest Super Lawyers® and is also an AV-rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell.
Scott serves as a legal resource and trusted problem-solver to his clients and contacts. He has significant experience helping businesses and individuals resolve disputes and make business transactions happen. While his practice focuses on commercial litigation, and bankruptcy and creditors' rights litigation, his clients trust him with all their legal needs, knowing Scott will connect them to the best lawyer at Quarles & Brady to solve their problem.
Scott’s representation of financial institutions extends from litigating commercial loan enforcement matters to defending financial institutions against lender liability claims. Scott represents many of the national, regional, and community banks, and assists them with real estate and commercial loan restructuring and workouts, loan and guaranty enforcement actions, judicial and non-judicial foreclosures, and commercial bankruptcies. In addition, Scott has substantial experience relating to receivership matters and represents many of the local receivers in various State and Federal Court proceedings.
He participated in Valley Leadership’s XXXI Leadership Institute and was named to Arizona Business Magazine, Generation Next Forty Under 40 and Phoenix Business Journal’s prestigious Forty Under 40.
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring, and Creditor's Rights
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, Certificate, Quarles & Brady Leadership Program (2018)
- Gonzaga University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2002)
- Gonzaga International Law Journal (Member)
- The University of Arizona (B.A., 1999)
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2006
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2002
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Thunderbirds (Active Member, 2015 - present)
- 2021 Waste Management Phoenix Open-Tournament Chairman
- 2020 Waste Management Phoenix Open Assistant Tournament Chairman
- Fiesta Bowl (Life Member)
- Junior Achievement of Arizona (Central District Board of Directors, 2004–present)
- Cactus Horizon Little League (Vice President and Board of Directors)
- Turnaround Management Association (Member)
- Capitol Elementary School (Volunteer, 2015–present)
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America®, (2015–present)
- Arizona Business Magazine, Generation Next Forty Under 40 (2014)
- Super Lawyers: Creditor Debtor Rights (2012–present)
- Phoenix Business Journal, Forty Under 40 (2009)
- Valley Leadership, Leadership Institute Class XXXI (2009)
- Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, Top 50 Pro Bono Attorneys (2007)
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Peer Review Rated
- Arizona Business Magazine, Best of Arizona Attorneys-Bankruptcy