Christopher DeMent practices in the areas of corporate and real estate law, focusing on the acquisition, financing and disposition of commercial real estate, joint venture arrangements for real estate investments and jet fuel consortiums, commercial finance and creditor’s rights and general contracting and legal advice to middle market businesses. He has experience in the representation of real estate investment funds, jet fuel consortiums, waste haulers, closely held corporations and charitable and not-for-profit institutions. Mr. DeMent’s recent experience includes:
- Representation of a real estate investment fund with over $1 billion in assets in its acquisition, financing and divestiture of commercial properties in Arizona, California, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee and Wisconsin.
- Negotiation and documentation of fuel system leases and related documents for jet fuel consortiums in Arizona, Georgia and Florida.
- Representation of a jet fuel consortium in the issuance of $40 million in bonds to finance its expansion and redevelopment of the jet fuel delivery, storage and distribution system at a Florida airport.
- Representation of a capital partner in joint ventures to develop and operate continuing care retirement communities and light industrial buildings in Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin.
- The establishment of jet fuel consortiums for facilities in Arizona and Tennessee, including the drafting and negotiation of organizational documents and interline agreements.
- Representation of a Seller in the disposition of its $80 million retail shopping center in California.
- Representation of a waste hauler in the negotiation and documentation of one of the largest waste hauling contracts in the State of Illinois and related disposal agreements.
- Representation of a closely-held business in the extension of its $75 million credit facility.
- Business Law
- Real Estate
- Jet Fuel Consortiums
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., with honors, 1998)
- University of Michigan (B.A., with honors, 1994)
- Selected for inclusion in Illinois Super Lawyers®-Rising Stars Editions 2008-2010 & 2012 (Real Estate)
- Leading Lawyers Network (Member)
- Panelist, Practising Law Institute ("PCI"), Eighth Annual Commercial Real Estate Institute (2006, Chicago)
- Panelist, PCI, Ninth Annual Commercial Real Estate Institute (2007, Chicago)
- Panelist, PCI, Tenth Annual Commercial Real Estate Institute (2008, Chicago)