Gerry Connolly focused his practice in the area of mergers and acquisitions, commercial real estate and family business assisting clients in preserving, protecting and enhancing their wealth. He advised owners of closely held businesses with respect to legal, financial and business matters. Mr. Connolly devoted a substantial part of his career working with clients involved in various aspects of the food business including wholesale grocery, retail grocery, foodservice, convenience stores and foodservice equipment. His experience included:
- Providing strategic and financial advice for the real estate development, mergers and acquisition program and legal affairs of the second largest independently owned foodservice company in the U.S.
- Directing the real estate development, mergers and acquisition program and legal and financial affairs of a major food wholesaler with sales in excess of $2 Billion.
- Directing the real estate development and legal and financial affairs of a regional grocery chain which increased its market share in its principal market from 3 percent to 33 percent in six years.
- Serving as outside counsel of a major midwestern convenience store chain by providing strategic and financial advice and counsel for mergers and acquisitions, financing, regulatory and legal matters.
Education and Honors
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 1972)
- Order of the Coif. Virginia Law Review (Editorial Board).
- College of the Holy Cross (B.S., 1965)
- U.S. Tax Court, 1973
Professional and Civic Activities
- Trustee, Emory T. Clark Charitable Family Foundation; Trustee, D. B. and Marjorie Reinhart Family Foundation; Director and Member of the Executive Committee, Viterbo University; Director, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Foundation; Co-Chair, Children's Circle of Care; Advisory Board Milwaukee Children's Protection Center, 1992-1996; Chairman, Children's Hospital President's Council, 1997-1999
- Corporate Directorships: Reinhart FoodService, Inc. (Director, Vice President and Secretary); Reinhart Real Estate Group, Inc. (Director, Secretary); Reinhart Retail Group No. 1, Inc. (Director, Secretary); Diversatek, Inc. (Director, Secretary); Hatco Corporation (Director); Hometown, Inc. (Secretary); Medalcraft Mint, Inc. (Secretary); Medovations, Inc. (Director, Secretary); RLH Corporation (Secretary); Sunlite Plastics, Inc. (Director, Secretary); Water Blasting, Inc. (Secretary)
- Military Service: Lieutenant, U.S. Navy, 1966-1969
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (1987-present: Corporate Law / Real Estate Law)
- Selected for inclusion in the 2005-2009 Wisconsin Super Lawyers® lists (Real Estate)