John Remington practices in the firm's Commercial Litigation Group. His practice focuses on lender liability claims, securities arbitration, and unfair competition litigation such as noncompete and trade secret cases. His recent experience includes:
- Representing financial institutions in connection with loan workout strategies and in defense of Truth in Lending and consumer fraud claims.
- Representing employers and employees in contested restraining order and injunction cases involving covenants not to compete and trade secret claims.
- Successfully reversing on appeal a decision that was adverse to the interests of one of the country's largest and oldest construction companies. James Cape & Sons Co. v. Streu Const. Co., et al., 2009 WI App 144, 321 Wis. 2d 522, 775 N.W.2d 277.
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Trade Secrets
Education and Honors
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- Washington University Law Review (Senior Executive Editor)
- Law Intern to the Honorable Molly GaleWyrick, Polk County Circuit Court (Balsam Lake, WI)
- Law Intern to the Honorable Michael Reagan, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois (East Saint Louis, IL)
- University of Wisconsin (B.A., 2002)
- Major: English
- with comprehensive honors
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2007
Professional and Civic Activities
- Milwaukee Rowing Club (Member)
- University of Wisconsin National "W" Club (Member)
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars Edition 2009 (Business Litigation)