N. Rosie Rosenbaum is a partner in the Commercial Litigation Group and is based in the firm's Chicago office. Her practice focuses on Insurance Recovery for policyholders and insureds confronting alleged third-party liability claims, as well as counseling both commercial and nonprofit clients on a wide range of insurance and risk management issues. Her experience includes
- Represents policyholders and insureds in insurance reimbursement disputes involving third-party liability claims;
- Provides counseling and litigation services with respect to interpretation and construction of insurance policy language and coverage disputes, risk management issues, claims handling agreements for complex litigation, and insurance regulation and insolvency.
- Dispenses insurance and risk management advice to a variety of health care systems, major corporations, pharmaceutical companies, and other entities nationwide on coverage issues arising under liability insurance for general liability, excess, umbrella, and hospital policies as well as professional and directors' and officers' policies, and with respect to fidelity bonds.
- Provides policy language for insureds with manuscripted commercial policies, for captive insurers and risk retention groups.
- Conducts policy form reviews and comparisons for prospective insureds and assists clients in regulatory and other legal issues arising in the operation of a self-insured loss control and claims management program.
- Represents and counsels clients with respect to insurance regulatory and guaranty fund proceedings flowing out of insurance company insolvencies. State insurance laws, rather than the federal bankruptcy code, govern the rights of policyholders, creditors, and others when an insurer becomes insolvent.
- Advises clients in a wide range of issues, such as defense rights of policyholders involved in pending litigation.
Education and Honors
- University of Michigan Law School (with honors, 1979)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (B.A., summa cum laude, 1975)
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1994
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar, 1983
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1979
- Illinois State Court, 1979
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Chicago Bar Association (Member)
- Pro Hac Vice admissions in various U.S. courts
- Recognized by a survey of her peers as a Leading Lawyer in Insurance for 2014, 2015, and 2016 (Leading LawyersSM Network)