Quarles & Brady LLP’s tax practice encompasses all areas of federal, state and local taxes. Our accurate advice, attention to detail and awareness of new developments are what our tax clients value most. Because we recognize the pitfalls of letting tax considerations alone drive a transaction, our philosophy is to keep tax issues in perspective and help further our clients’ overall business objectives.
When tax challenges and disputes arise, Quarles & Brady is experienced in all aspects of dispute resolution, from dealing locally with the IRS and Department of Revenue to winning tax appeals in the courts. Our practical, business-oriented approach to tax planning and dispute resolution has benefited our clients time and time again.
We provide tax services to individuals and to public and private companies of all sizes, including a significant number of closely held businesses.
Our tax practice encompasses all areas of federal, state and local taxation, including the following:
- Tax compliance, dispute resolution and litigation, including audits, appeals and trials involving income, franchise, property, excise, sales, and use tax issues.
- Tax advice in structuring acquisitions, mergers, divestitures, leveraged buyouts, tender offers and similar transactions.
- Tax planning in reorganizations and the formation of business organizations.
- Compensation planning for employers and individuals.
- Property tax issues, including assessments and exemptions.
For more information on how our Tax Group can assist you with your tax planning and tax issues, please call David D. Wilmoth at (414) 277-5869 /
, John T. Barry at (414) 277-5825 /
or your local Quarles & Brady attorney.