Conrad Goodkind is a retired partner whose practice focused on securities and corporate law. He has also served as a director and officer of public and private corporations as well as nonprofit entities. His practice included public and private offerings of securities as issuer's and underwriter's counsel, investment company registration and compliance, broker-dealer and investment adviser compliance and operation, federal and state securities enforcement proceedings, and mergers and acquisitions. His experience included:
- Represented mutual funds and their independent directors in compliance, regulatory and corporate matters.
- Represented public reporting companies and their boards in compliance with SEC, Stock Exchange and corporate law requirements.
- Represented brokers and investment advisors in transactions and compliance matters, including federal and state regulatory and enforcement matters.
- Provided advice and counsel to privately held entities and their owners.
- Represented purchasers and sellers in mergers, acquisitions and public or private capital formation transitions.
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 1969)
- University of Wisconsin (B.S., 1966)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1969
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1969
Professional and Civic Activities
- Brady Corporation (NYSE) Board of Directors (2007-2021); Board Chair (2015-2021); member of Audit, Finance, and Corporate Governance Committees; Secretary (1999-2007)
- Cade Industries (NASDAQ) Board of Directors and Secretary (1989-1999)
- Able Distributing Co., Inc. Board of Directors (1994-2005)
- Quarles & Brady LLP (1979-2009); Executive Committee (1983-2005)
- State Historical Society of Wisconsin Board of Curators (2006-2019); President (2013-2016)
- Wisconsin Historical Foundation (2020-present); member Executive, Investment, and Corporate Governance Committees
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section: Member of the Council, 2006-2011); Chair, Membership Committee (2011-present); Chair, Committee on State and Local Bar Relations (2010-2012); Chair, Business Bar Leaders Conference (2011); Chair, Educational Programming (2003-2006); Chair, State Regulation of Securities Committee (1988-1992). Also, continuing member of the Sections committees on Federal Regulation of Securities, Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Governance, State Regulation of Securities, Membership, and Educational Programming
- ABA Standing Committee on Continuing Legal Education (2006-2009)
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Section of Business Law: Chair (1998-2000); Vice Chair (1996-1998); Director (1991-2001); Chair, Securities Law Committee (1981-2001)
- Wisconsin Commissioner of Securities Advisory Committee on Capital Formation
- National Association of Securities Dealers, Inc. Committee on State Regulation (1987-1992)
- University of Wisconsin Law School (Lecturer, State Securities Law and Federal Securities Law, 1974-1977)
- Marquette University Law School (Lecturer, Federal Securities Law, 1981-1983)
- Milwaukee Repertory Theater (Board Member, 1995-2001; Executive Committee, 1997-2001)
- Governor's Business Courts Task Force (Member, 1994-1998)
- Law Alumni Association (President, 1986)
- Wisconsin Deputy Commissioner of Securities (1973-1979)
- Citizens Study Committee on Judicial Organization (1971-1973)
- Litigation practice (1969-1971)
- The Best Lawyers in America® (Banking Law, Corporate Law, Securities Law)
- Chambers USA (Corporate/M&A)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® lists (Securities & Corporate Finance)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Who's Who in America, Who's Who in the World, Who's Who in American Law