Conrad Goodkind is a retired partner with Quarles & Brady. He focused his practice in securities and corporate law, specializing in corporate and investment company securities matters and governance. His practice included public and private offerings of securities as issuer's and underwriter's counsel, investment company registration and compliance, broker-dealer and investment adviser compliance and operation, federal and state securities enforcement proceedings, and mergers and acquisitions. His experience included:
- Represented mutual funds and their independent directors in compliance, regulatory and corporate matters.
- Represented public reporting companies and their boards in compliance with SEC, Stock Exchange and corporate law requirements.
- Represented brokers and investment advisors in transactions and compliance matters, including federal and state regulatory and enforcement matters.
- Provided advice and counsel to privately held entities and their owners.
- Represented purchasers and sellers in mergers, acquisitions and public or private capital formation transitions.
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 1969)
- University of Wisconsin (B.S., 1966)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1969
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1969
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section: Member of the Council, 2006-2011); Chair, Membership Committee (2011-present); Chair, Committee on State and Local Bar Relations (2010-2012); Chair, Business Bar Leaders Conference (2011); Chair, Educational Programming (2003-2006); Chair, State Regulation of Securities Committee (1988-1992). Also, continuing member of the Sections committees on Federal Regulation of Securities, Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Governance, State Regulation of Securities, Membership, and Educational Programming.
- ABA Standing Committee on Continuing Legal Education (2006-2009).
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Section of Business Law: Chair (1998-2000); Vice Chair (1996-1998); Director (1991-2001); Chair, Securities Law Committee (1981-2001).
- Wisconsin Commissioner of Securities Advisory Committee on Capital Formation
- National Association of Securities Dealers, Inc. Committee on State Regulation (1987-1992)
- Brady Corporation (NYSE) Board of Directors (2007-present); Chair, Corporate Governance Committee
- Cade Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ) Director & Secretary (1989-1999).
- Able Distributing Co., Inc. (Director, 1994-2005).
- Quarles & Brady, 1979-2009 (Executive Committee, 1983 2005)
- University of Wisconsin Law School (Lecturer, State Securities Law and Federal Securities Law, 1974-1977).
- Marquette University Law School (Lecturer, Federal Securities Law, 1981-1983)
- Wisconsin Historical Society Board of Curators (2006-present); President-Elect (2010-present).
- Milwaukee Repertory Theater (Board Member, 1995-2001; Executive Committee, 1997-2001)
- Governor's Business Courts Task Force (Member, 1994-1998).
- Law Alumni Association (President, 1986).
- Wisconsin Deputy Commissioner of Securities (1973-1979)
- Citizens Study Committee on Judicial Organization (1971-1973)
- Litigation practice (1969-1971).
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (Banking Law, Corporate Law, Securities Law)
- Listed in Chambers USA (Corporate/M&A)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® lists (Securities & Corporate Finance)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Listed in Who's Who in America, Who's Who in the World, Who's Who in American Law