Damon McCormick is an associate in the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group. He focuses his practice on the sale, acquisition, leasing and development of commercial property and commercial lending transactions.
Damon regularly serves clients in all aspects of real estate law, particularly buyers and sellers in the purchase and sale of commercial property, such as retail, shopping centers, office, industrial, storage facilities and multi-family projects; landlords and tenants in various office, retail, hospital, industrial and other commercial leasing transactions; and lenders and borrowers from varying industries, in all aspects of secured transactions.
Damon's recent representative experience includes:
- Served as real estate counsel to a public university’s acquisition of one of a region’s largest healthcare operators.
- Represented a national investment firm in its acquisition and investment in real estate parcels located across the country.
- Represented a buyer in the multi-million dollar purchase of an 11 floor office building in downtown Louisville, Kentucky.
- Represented a buyer in the $13 million purchase of a 72 unit assisted living facility.
- Represented a seller in the $5 million sale of industrial manufacturing facilities.
- Represented a bank in a $29 million term loan transaction with a restaurant operator borrower secured by mortgages on 19 properties in 6 different states.
Admitted in Kentucky.
- Real Estate
Education and Honors
- University of Louisville (J.D., cum laude, 2014)
- Valparaiso University (B.S., 2011)
- Major: Finance
Professional and Civic Activities
- Kentucky Bar Association, Real Property Section (Member)
- The Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch," Real Estate Law, 2022