Eric Wanner focuses his practice on a wide array of commercial real estate transactions throughout the country.
Eric has assisted his clients in developing, acquiring, selling, leasing, restructuring, and financing luxury multifamily communities, office buildings, retail centers, and industrial parks, among others. His practice includes the preparation and negotiation of development agreements, construction agreements, architectural and other design agreements, leases, easements, restrictive covenants, and other documentation.
Eric’s equity development experience includes the representation of large institutional investors in national and local joint venture transactions, including the preparation and negotiation of development agreements and other venture documentation.
Eric’s leasing practice includes national and local tenant-side leasing work for large restaurant and retail clients and landlord-side leasing work for institutional owners and investors.
Prior to entering private practice, Eric clerked for Chief Justice Rebecca White Berch at the Arizona Supreme Court. He is actively involved in the Arizona and national legal communities.
While in law school, Eric served as the Executive Managing Editor of the Arizona State Law Journal.
Eric’s representative matters include:
- Development of a three-phase luxury mixed-use multifamily community in Santa Ana, California, with more than 1,200 apartment units, integrated retail space, a shared park and other shared amenities.
- Development of a multi-phase industrial park consisting of over 2 million rentable square feet on approximately 120 acres of land in Missouri.
- Development of a 42-story luxury high-rise multifamily community in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Development of a 301-unit apartment community in Chandler, Arizona, utilizing a GPLET lease.
- Development of a two-building office park in Chandler, Arizona.
- Development of a 26-story mixed-use multifamily community with ground-floor retail in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Development of a two-tower 17-story mixed-use multifamily community with approximately 600 apartment units and ground-floor retail space, built atop a shared parking structure with a shared leasing office and other amenities, on a former brownfield site in White Plains, New York.
- Representing an institutional investor in acquiring an approximately one-half interest in an existing 5-property luxury multifamily portfolio in the Bay Area, California from a large pension fund.
- Development of a 30-story mixed-use luxury multifamily community in Dallas, Texas.
- Development of a 210-unit mixed-use luxury multifamily community with integrated full-service grocery store in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Development of a 387-unit luxury multifamily community utilizing offsite affordable units in San Jose, California.
- Real Estate
- Business Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Education and Honors
- Arizona State University, Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2012)
- Arizona State University (B.S., magna cum laude, 2008)
- Major: Mathematics
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America® Ones to Watch for 2021