John Lhost's practice includes estate planning and trust administration, planning for ownership and transfers of interests in closely held businesses, and planning for acquisition, sale, development, and preservation of real estate. John also serves as Coordinator of the Trust & Estates group in the firm's Milwaukee office. John's work experience includes
- Service as trustee of trusts benefiting clients' families.
- Intergenerational planning for interests in family-owned businesses.
- Assistance of fiduciaries and beneficiaries with fiduciary tax and accounting issues in connection with administration of estates and trusts.
- Planning for retention and preservation of tracts of family-owned land, including representation of several nonprofit land trusts.
Education and Honors
- William and Mary School of Law (J.D., 1974)
- Articles Editor, College of William and Mary Law Review
- Carroll University (B.A., 1971)
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Nature Conservancy of Wisconsin (Former Trustee serving on Executive and Finance Committees and as Chair of the Conservation Committee); The Ozaukee Washington Land Trust, Inc. (Former Director); Gathering Waters, Inc. (Former Director)
- City of Mequon Park & Open Space Board (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2007–present: Trusts and Estates)
- Selected for inclusion in the 2005 Wisconsin Super Lawyers® list (Estate Planning)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated