Kim Mahan is an attorney in the firm’s Business Law Practice Group. Her practice focuses in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, business transactions, general corporate matters, and joint venture arrangements for real estate investments.
Clients appreciate Kim for providing prompt and practical legal advice, and taking a realistic approach to transactions, to help clients accomplish their business goals and achieve their objectives, in a timely and effective manner.
- Representing manufacturing clients in purchase and sales of stock.
- Representing manufacturing clients in asset purchase and sales.
- Representing a design and manufacturing client in several acquisitions and dispositions of companies.
- Representing a facility services client in several add-on acquisitions, including advising client on general corporate matters and corporate governance.
- Representing a manufacturing client in several strategic acquisitions of technology portfolios.
- Representing a private equity client in acquisitions and sales of portfolio companies, including providing outside general counsel advice to portfolio companies in connection with day-to-day operations.
- Representing a real estate investment fund client in joint venture arrangements relating to acquisition and divestiture of commercial properties throughout the U.S.
- Representing clients in connection with joint venture arrangements focused on achieving commercial and strategic objectives.
- Business Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Energy, Environment & Natural Resources
Education and Honors
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., 2006)
- University of Illinois Law Review (Administrative Editor)
- University of Illinois (summa cum laude, 2002)
- University Honors (Bronze Tablet)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Professional and Civic Activities
- Chicago Bar Association
- PAWS Chicago Professional Board Member