Lars Gulbrandsen focuses his practice on defending product liability lawsuits. He has experience defending against product liability claims, involving a variety of consumer products as well as machines and vehicles. He has also participated in the litigation of several large toxic tort cases.
In addition, Lars assists and advises clients in product recalls and regulatory questions that may arise before the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Lars is committed to the firm's pro bono efforts. He volunteers at and serves on the board of the Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic.
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 2001)
- St. Olaf College (B.A., 1996)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 2001
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin, member
- American Bar Association, member
- 7th Circuit Bar Association, member
- MVLC, advisory board member
- Member, International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC), member, 2019
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers–Rising Stars Edition 2008 (Personal Injury Defense: Products)
- State Bar of Wisconsin – Pro Bono Honor Society (2015)
- Jones v. Coors Brewing Company, 378 F. Supp. 3d 1132 (M.D. Fla. 2019)
- American Family Mutual Insurance Company v. Cintas Corp. No. 2., et al., 2018 WI 81, 914 N.W.2d 76
- Cook v. MillerCoors LLC, et al., 872 F. Supp. 2d 1346 (M.D. Fla. 2012)
- Cowley v. Abbott Laboratories, Inc., et al., 476 F. Supp. 2d 1053 (W.D. Wis. 2007)
- Horst v. Deere & Co., 2009 WI 75, 312 Wis. 2d 421, 752 N.W.2d 406
- St. Paul Mercury Ins. Co. v. Viking Corp., 539 F.3d 623 (7th Cir. 2008)