Leeann Simpkins represents clients in civil litigation matters. She represents businesses before federal and state courts and administrative agencies in a wide variety of matters involving healthcare facilities and practices, products liability, real estate transactions and construction disputes, insurance coverage, shareholder and corporate disputes, and other complex commercial litigation matters.
A significant portion of Leeann’s practice is devoted to representing businesses in employment litigation. Leeann regularly represents employers in cases involving allegations of discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge, wage and hour violations, as well as enforcement of non-competition agreements and protection of trade secrets.
In addition, Leeann counsels management in nearly all aspects of the employment relationship, including: employee handbooks and personnel policies; recruiting, hiring, evaluations, discipline, and terminations; affirmative action programs; non-competition and non-disclosure agreements; employment, separation, and severance agreements; discrimination, harassment, and retaliation; reasonable accommodation of disabilities and religious practices; leaves of absence; and wage and hour issues.
Education and Honors
- Indiana University – Robert H. McKinney School of Law (J.D., 2012)
- Indiana Health Law Review (Associate Editor)
- Dean's List
- Moot Court Board (Associate Justice)
- Marian University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2009)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
Professional and Civic Activities
- Indianapolis Bar Association (Member)
- Indiana State Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Indiana Super Lawyers – Rising Star (2016 – present)