Leeann Simpkins is an experienced litigator focusing on civil litigation matters. She represents businesses before federal and state courts and administrative agencies in a wide variety of matters involving commercial contract disputes, product liability, real estate and construction disputes, business torts, and other complex commercial litigation matters.
A significant portion of Leeann’s practice is devoted to representing clients in employment litigation matters, often involving allegations of discrimination, harassment, or retaliation, as well as in disputes regarding employment agreements, restrictive covenants, and trade secrets. Leeann also provides preventative advice and counseling to businesses on various workplace law matters, including: employee handbooks and personnel policies; recruiting, hiring, discipline, and terminations; employment, separation, and severance agreements; leave and accommodation issues; and wage and hour compliance.
Education and Honors
- Indiana University – Robert H. McKinney School of Law (J.D., 2012)
- Indiana Health Law Review (Associate Editor)
- Marian University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2009)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
Professional and Civic Activities
- Indianapolis Bar Association, member
- Indiana State Bar Association, member
- American Bar Association, member
- Indiana Super Lawyers – Rising Star (2016-2018)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana – 2018 Pro Bono Honor Roll
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation – 2019 Distinguished Fellow