Martin Childs IV is a member of our Business Law and Tax-Exempt Practice Groups. He maintains a comprehensive corporate practice, which includes mergers and acquisitions and advising clients on a variety of general corporate and contracting matters.
Martin also devotes his practice to meeting the legal and tax needs of charitable organizations so that these organizations can focus on serving the city of Chicago and beyond. Martin helps his clients navigate the complex tax law governing exempt organizations, manage their day-to-day operational needs, and plan for strategic change and organizational growth.
In 2017 and 2018, Martin was a summer associate at Quarles & Brady. Prior to joining the firm, Martin worked as an internal auditor for JP Morgan Chase.
Education and Honors
- Michigan State University College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2019)
- Michigan State Law Review, Executive Editor
- Moot Court
- Jurisprudence Award for Securities Regulation; Advocacy (Appellate Writing); Criminal Law
- Trustee Scholar
- Florida A&M University (B.S., magna cum laude, 2013)
- Major: Business Administration