Mary Ann Murray is the Illinois chair of the firm's Real Estate Practice Group. She focuses her practice on complex real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, leasing transactions, real estate development, and construction documentation. She also focuses her practice on complex commercial and financial transactions, including, asset-based, construction and tax-exempt public finance transactions
She advises clients in the acquisition and disposition of commercial properties as well as the negotiation of development and construction agreements. She has significant experience in drafting and negotiating leases, on behalf of both landlords and tenants, for office, retail, and industrial properties.
Ms. Murray has served as, underwriter's counsel, bank counsel, issuer's counsel, and borrower's counsel for tax-exempt, taxable financial transactions and conduit financings.
Her relevant experience includes:
- Representing a medical office developer in the expansion of Midwest and Southwest property developments. This included the sale and recapitalization of several medical office facilities; construction contract negotiation; loan document negotiation, permitting and municipal approval.
- Represented the lender in the acquisition of several industrial/commercial properties located in the Midwest. Responsible for preparing and negotiating the loan documentation for the lead lender as well as providing title, survey, and diligence review.
- Represented the lender in the refinancing of a portfolio of multi-family properties located throughout Texas and Colorado. Responsible for loan documentation and negotiation, subordination agreements, estoppels, tenant escrow matters, title, and survey diligence for the transactions.
- Real Estate
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Business Law
- Public Finance
Education and Honors
- St. Louis University (J.D., 1991)
- William Woods College (B.A., 1984)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
Professional and Civic Activities
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (Member)
- Chicago Bar Association (Member)
- Missouri Bar Association (Member)
- Commercial Real Estate Executive Women (CREW) (Member)