Matt Mauntel-Medici has wide and diverse immigration and management experience from serving in the U.S. Department of State (DOS) as Vice Consul in Brazil and Ireland. Among his duties as Vice Consul, Matt led adjudication of immigrant and non-immigrant visas of all types, national interest exception review, and American citizen services portfolio while at his posts. He also served as subject matter expert on complex visa cases involving presidential proclamations.
Prior to his time at DOS, Matt held various global procurement roles for a British-American multinational professional services firm, where he managed several teams and processes for global procurement spends and corporate risk management. He was instrumental in achieving significant cost savings for the company while leading a team of procurement professionals. In his role as manager of the global strategic governance team, he successfully minimized risks and improved compliance for the company.
Matt provides a solutions-oriented approach for his clients in a full range of business immigration services by leveraging the depth of experiences he has amassed across his career.
Education and Honors
- Boston College Law School (J.D., 2010)
- Boston College International and Comparative Law Review – Articles Editor
- Law Students Association – Vice President (2009-2010)
- Indiana University (B.A., with distinction, 2007)
- Major: Philosophy
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Night Ministry, Chicago, Associate Board (2012-2017)
- Legal Council for Health Justice, Chicago, pro bono attorney (2015-2016)
- First United Methodist Church, Chicago, Homeless Ministry (2012-2017)