Melanie Brunow has been with Quarles & Brady since 1991 working exclusively in the Intellectual Property Group. She has extensive experience in areas such as:
- Knowledge of the U.S. patent prosecution system.
- Experience working with foreign and domestic associates.
- U.S. and foreign patent application prosecution (utility and design).
- PCT application filing and prosecution.
- Drafting amendments and other communications for filing.
- Working with draftsman to prepare drawings.
- Revision of patent application drawings using various software programs.
- Oversight of several client specific portfolios encompassing the entire patent prosecution process.
- Working directly with clients and foreign associates to complete foreign application document compliance, i.e., Powers of Attorney, Declarations, Assignments, and Certified Copies.
- Providing cost estimates for filing U.S. and foreign applications.