Melissa McCord is a finance attorney who represents both lenders and borrowers in complex commercial finance transactions. She has extensive experience with secured transactions, syndicated facilities, asset-based facilities, mezzanine debt, international financing, asset securitizations, interest rate swap documentation, and third-party legal opinions. Melissa has experience in representing private equity and strategic buyers in acquisition financing transactions, working closely with the portfolio companies in all aspects of their financing needs. She also advises on covenant compliance and Uniform Commercial Code matters.
Melissa's recent experience includes:
- Representing a manufacturer in an acquisition financing consisting of a $40 million line of credit provided by one senior lender secured with a senior lien on one pool of collateral and a second lien on the rest, and a $56 million term loan provided by a second senior lender secured with a senior lien on another pool of collateral and a second lien on the rest.
- Representing a private equity firm in obtaining senior secured and mezzanine financing to acquire a heating systems manufacturer.
- Representing the provider of electrical services in financing various add-on acquisitions under its senior secured credit facility.
- Representing a lender in an SBA-backed multi-loan credit facility to a manufacturer of tactical equipment.
- Representing a private equity firm in obtaining senior secured and mezzanine financing to acquire a juice and iced tea manufacturer.
- Advising a national contractor and service provider on day-to-day interpretive issues arising under its $205 million credit facility.
Prior to entering the practice of law, Melissa spent nine years as a journalist, mainly with The Associated Press.
- Business Law
- Banking & Financial Institutions
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, Certificate, Quarles & Brady Leadership Program (2018)
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., summa cum laude, 2009)
- Marquette Law Review (Editor-in-Chief)
- Ohio University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1997)
- Major: Journalism
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Wisconsin Bar Association (Member)
- Sojourner Family Peace Center (Courthouse Clinic Pro Bono Volunteer)
- Our Next Generation (Member: Board of Directors)
- TEMPO Milwaukee Emerging Women Leaders Program
- Named an Up and Coming Lawyer by the Wisconsin Law Journal (2017)
- State Bar of Wisconsin – Pro Bono Honor Society (2014-2017)
- Quarles & Brady's Michael J. Gonring Pro Bono Associate of the Year Award (2015)