As chief people officer, Ony Beverly leads the firm’s human resources team and plays a critical role in helping the firm achieve its strategic growth objectives by attracting and developing high-performing talent across its offices and practice groups. She also helps strengthen and deepen the firm’s long-standing commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Ony has extensive human resources leadership experience in the legal industry, serving as a strategic partner to firm leadership and leading the development and execution of plans for attorney and staff talent management, professional development, change management and organizational development.
She also has experience establishing a hiring process that features blind resume review and behavioral-based panel interviews, piloting a remote work model prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, creating a dynamic associate mentorship program and implementing a variety of programs and policies designed to address work-life balance.
Education and Honors
- Keller Graduate School of Management (M.B.A. and M.H.R.M.)
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (B.A.)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Association of Legal Administrators (ALA), Chicago chapter, member and past board member, 2012-present
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), member, 2009-present
- “2021 Notable Leader in HR,” Crain’s Chicago Business