Paul Krulisky is a member of our Business Law Practice Group. He focuses his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, securities, private equity, general corporate law, entity formation, commercial contracts, and general business matters. He applies his experience in multiple areas of the law to provide clients with comprehensive legal advice while negotiating and executing a variety of business transactions.
Paul has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, having represented buyers and sellers in stock and asset transactions. It is not unusual for unexpected circumstances to arise during an M&A transaction, and he has been successful in developing solutions to overcome unique circumstances, and getting clients the outcomes they desired.
As part of his corporate and securities practice, he has counseled clients in a variety of matters, including formation and organization of entities, joint ventures, technology transfers, contract negotiations, public and private offerings of securities, and SEC regulatory compliance.
He has represented private and public companies, entrepreneurs, and start-up companies. Paul's experience extends across a wide range of industries, including electronic technology, biotechnology, waste services, automobile dealerships, equipment leasing, manufacturing, transportation and logistics.
His experience includes:
- Representing buyers and sellers in public and private mergers and acquisitions transactions, including stock and asset transactions.
- Negotiating and drafting contracts in a wide variety of disciplines for clients ranging in size from Fortune 500 companies to small entrepreneurial ventures.
- Collaborating with client executives in various departments, including legal, sales, finance, human resources, procurement, risk, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Drafting registration statements and ’34 Act filings, and responding to inquiries from the Securities and Exchange Commission regarding regulatory matters.
- Developing growth and exit strategies, and identifying potential strategic and financial partners for clients.
- Analyzing clients’ businesses and providing counsel regarding corporate governance, intellectual property, contracts, employee matters, and customer relations.
- Acting as outside general counsel for clients; trusted advisor to founders and executive management of clients regarding legal and business issues.
- Counseling clients with respect to mitigation of risk.
Education and Honors
- Temple University School of Law (J.D., 1995)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., 1983)
- Major: Economics
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Arizona (Member)
- State Bar of Arizona, Securities Regulation Section Executive Council (Former Chair)
- Invest Southwest Capital Conference (Former Mentor)
- Arizona Angel Investment Conference Committee (Former Member)
- Arizona Venture Capital Conference Committee (Former Member)
- TASER Foundation, Board of Directors (Former Member)
- Arts & Business Council of Greater Phoenix, Board of Directors (Former Member)
- Horizon High School Boys Soccer Booster Club (Former President)