Guidance on civil litigation and energy regulation
Lauren Zenk represents clients before the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin and state and federal courts in energy, environmental and real estate matters.
Lauren approaches her work with a practical mindset that is always focused on the end goal and creative solutions to get there. She enjoys briefing courts and regulatory bodies on complex legal issues through simple and convincing terms and prides herself on delivering actionable advice to clients.
Experience in Action
- Represents public utility clients in rate cases, buy/sell dockets and other applications before the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin (PSCW).
- Litigates complex CERCLA and RCRA actions in federal court on behalf of potentially responsible parties (PRP).
- Represents clients in commercial and residential construction defect cases, including apartment buildings, hotels and multi-million dollar homes.
- Obtained a Certificate of Authority for a public utility to acquire a multi-million dollar solar field and Wisconsin’s first utility-scale battery storage system.
- Convinced the Supreme Court of Wisconsin to amend a rule of civil procedure.
- Won a Certificate of Innocence for a client who was wrongfully imprisoned on federal fraud charges.
- Obtained a favorable judgment in a construction defect trial.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Volunteer, Criminal Justice League, Minneapolis, MN (2016)
- Volunteer Intern, Asylum Law Project (2016)
- Volunteer English Teaching Assistant, Escuela Montseny, Barcelona, Spain (2014)
Judicial Extern for Judge Mary R. Vasaly, Minnesota Fourth Judicial District Court, (2016)
Supply Chain Survival Series
See all articles in our Supply Chain Survival Series.
News & Insights
- News Release
- News Release
- Media Mention
- University of Minnesota Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2018)
- ABA Journal of Labor & Employment Law (Managing Editor)
- Orientation Leader; Admissions Ambassador; Litigation Trial & Advocacy Group, Class Representative
- Student attorney for the University of Minnesota Law School Family Law Clinic
- University of Minnesota (B.A., 2015)
- Degree: Political Science