Ryan Rainey is a corporate litigation attorney who focuses his practice on developing litigation strategies at all stages of a dispute, across a variety of industries.
He represented noncitizens seeking asylum and other forms of legal status as a student attorney for the Immigration and Human Rights Clinic while in law school. Ryan also assisted with consumer protection matters as a summer fellow for the Wisconsin Department of Justice.
Prior to law school, Ryan worked as a Washington, DC-based journalist covering international trade policy and federal financial regulation.
Education and Honors
- University of Minnesota Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2021)
- Minnesota Journal of International Law, Lead Articles editor
- Dean’s List
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.A., 2013)
- Majors: Journalism, Latin American Studies
- Iron Shield Society, 2012-2013
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
Professional and Civic Activities
- Election Protection, volunteer, 2020
- Asylum Law Project, volunteer, 2019