Sybil Taylor Aytch has over 20 years of paralegal and case management experience in both Phoenix and New York. Prior to joining the firm in 2000, she worked at a large New York-based law firm. Her experience includes the following:
- Commercial Bankruptcy (debtor and creditor).
- Commercial Litigation (antitrust, multidistrict, telecommunications).
- Lead paralegal on one of largest successful tort litigation-related bankruptcy reorganizations.
- Electronic document /discovery management and electronic trial preparation employing case management software.
- Extensive trial experience in electronic courtrooms including utilization of trial technology.
Education and Honors
- Northern Arizona University (M.Ed., 2002)
- Smith College (B.A., 1980)
- l'Institut d'Études Politiques-Paris (Certificate, 1979)
- Certificate: International Law.
- Université de Paris IV-La Sorbonne (Certificate, 1979)
- Certificate: French Literature.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Maricopa County Bar Association, 2021
- Adjunct Professor, Phoenix College (Ethics and Professional Practice, Bankruptcy, Civil Investigations, The Paralegal Profession), 2001-present
- Assistant Professor, Western International University (Civil Procedure and Comparative Law), 2009-2011
- Developed Advanced Technology for Paralegals course, South University
- Advisory Committee, Paralegal Studies Program, Phoenix College, 1995-2000, 2019-present
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity Chair, National Federation of Paralegal Associations, 2017-present
- Ethics Board Chair, National Federation of Paralegal Associations, 2007-2010
- American Bar Association Standing Committee on Paralegals Approval Commission, 2004-2008
- Paralegal Advanced Competency Exam Standards Committee, 2001-2007
- E-Courtroom Advisory Board, Phoenix College
- One of less than a dozen paralegals in Arizona with the advanced Registered Paralegal designation
- President, Maricopa County Bar Association Paralegal Division, 2002
- Outstanding Local Leadership Award, National Federation of Paralegal Associations, 2002
- Distinguished Leadership Award, Maricopa County Bar Association, 2003
- Special Recognition Award, Maricopa County Bar Association Paralegal Division, 2006
- Therese A. Cannon Educational Scholarship, International Paralegal Management Association, 2007
- Co-author of 2 paralegal ethics textbooks, 2017, 2018