Sydney VanBerg is an attorney in the firm's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Group. She counsels clients on a variety of complex civil and commercial litigation matters. Sydney is a key participant in forming the litigation strategies that lead her clients to success by managing pretrial motions and electronic discovery. Sydney also has experience mediating both commercial and civil cases and helps clients explore the benefits of pursuing settlements in those settings.
Her recent experience includes:
- Managing contentious discovery matters in a complex contractual dispute involving indemnification demands and insurance coverage issues related to a nationwide recall.
- Assisting with a petition to the Wisconsin Supreme Court to change a rule regarding limited-scope representation.
- Assisting with a commercial foreclosure bench trial that resulted in a total victory.
With a passion for pro bono service, Sydney enhances her litigation practice by representing petitioners seeking domestic violence and harassment injunctions in Dane County. As a law student, Sydney served as a judicial extern for Chief U.S. District Judge James D. Peterson of the Western District of Wisconsin.
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2018)
- Best Performances in Civil Procedure I, Torts, and Pre-trial Advocacy
- Pro Bono Society
- University of Texas (B.A., 2011)
- Major: Plan II Honors and English Honors
- University of Texas Cross-Examination Debate Team
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin