Quarles & Brady's robust, national tax practice encompasses all areas of federal, state, and local taxes. Our accurate advice, attention to detail, and awareness of new developments create value for the full range of our clients, from small startups to industry-leading global entities. Because we recognize the pitfalls of letting tax considerations alone drive a transaction, our philosophy is to keep tax issues in perspective and help further our clients' overall business objectives.
When tax challenges and disputes arise, our attorneys are experienced in all aspects of dispute resolution, from dealing locally with the IRS and state departments of revenue to winning tax appeals in the courts. Our practical, business-oriented approach to tax planning and dispute resolution has benefited our clients time and time again.
We provide tax services to individuals and public and private companies of all sizes, including a significant number of closely held businesses. These services include
- tax compliance, dispute resolution, and litigation, including audits, appeals, and trials involving income, franchise, property, excise, sales, and use tax issues;
- tax advice in structuring acquisitions, mergers, divestitures, leveraged buyouts, tender offers, and similar transactions;
- tax planning in reorganizations and the formation of business organizations;
- compensation planning for employers and individuals; and
- property tax issues, including assessments and exemptions.