Terri Flynn practices in the area of intellectual property, including patent prosecution, IP counseling, licensing, and corporate transactions. She assists clients in obtaining U.S. and foreign patent protection in the electrical, electro-mechanical, and software fields, and counsels clients in matters related to patent infringement and IP asset management, including:
- Developing and exploiting intellectual property, including the review and evaluation of prospective and existing products, competitive IP holdings, and related strategic business considerations.
- Performing patent analyses, including the evaluation of infringement, invalidity and patentability, and the preparation of product clearance and related opinions.
- Enforcing patent rights and defending against claims of patent infringement.
- Negotiating and drafting technology licenses and joint product development contracts.
- Drafting and prosecution of U.S. and foreign patent applications.
Since 2004, she has also served an adjunct professor in Patent Law and Patent Prosecution at Marquette University Law School.
Terri's technical experience includes practical experience as an engineer, particularly in the design of welding automation equipment for Miller Electric Mfg. Co. (1988-1994). Her engineering experience includes work in the areas of:
- Electrical and Electro-Mechanical Devices
- Factory automation and industrial controllers
- Analog and digital circuitry
- Software and Embedded Systems; experienced programming in C, assembly language, and other languages
- Welding and welding automation equipment
- Intellectual Property Strategic Counseling
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Patent Litigation
- Patent Prosecution
- Financial Institutions Litigation
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1996)
- Phi Beta Kappa. Recipient of CALI award for highest score in Patent Law and International Trade Law.
- University of Wisconsin (B.S.E.E., 1987)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1998
Professional and Civic Activities
- Milwaukee Bar Association; Wisconsin Bar Association; American Bar Association; Federal Circuit Bar Association; American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member and Volunteer Tour Guide, Historic Milwaukee, Inc