Whitney Burris began her career with Quarles & Brady as a litigation paralegal in late summer 2018. Prior to her employment with Quarles she obtained experience in defense litigation practice in a mid-sized firm setting, as well as working as the in-house paralegal for the central Indiana region of a major Indiana hospital. She holds experience assisting attorneys in medical malpractice, EEOC, and workers compensation defense litigation. Whitney’s experience includes the following:
- Organizing and summarizing high-volumes of case, medical and/or employment records.
- Drafting legal documents such as pleadings and motions as well as drafting and answering discovery requests.
- Organizing and preparing joint venture board minutes and reports.
- Conducting pre-claim investigations, legal research, interviews, and initial case assessments.
- Creating and maintaining large databases and spreadsheets for voluminous cases and trials.
- Conducting legal research, analyzing issues, and drafting legal memorandums for review.
- Working directly with risk management to insure all required licenses are in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Analyzing and coordinating activities concerned with insurance and risk management, including gathering risk-related data from internal and external resources and developing risk reporting models and methodologies.
- Assisting risk management in reporting to managers and department heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their part of the organization, and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks.
Education and Honors
- Indiana University Purdue University at Indianapolis (2017)
- Legal Informatics Undergraduate Certificate
- Ivy Tech Community College (2013)
- Associate of Applied Science in Paralegal Studies
Professional and Civic Activities
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) volunteer