Anthony Steinike practices in the areas of product liability and toxic tort defense and commercial litigation. His practice involves the defense of product manufacturers against product defect, warnings and chemical exposure claims. He also represents financial institutions in a variety of matters, and commercial landlords in commercial eviction and breach of lease matters. Mr. Steinike is a member of the Trial Bar for the Northern District of Illinois and has extensive lead and co-trial counsel experience. His recent experience includes
- Acting as lead trial counsel for major U.S. motorcycle manufacturer in the successful defense of a product defect claim involving an exhaust shield recall.
- Acting as co-trial counsel for major U.S. motorcycle manufacturer in the successful defense of multiple wrongful death product defect claims related to a brake recall.
- Representation of Fortune 500 companies in mass toxic tort cases, including claims alleging exposure to dioxin and benzene.
- Acting as lead and coordinating counsel in the defense of several high profile and newsworthy premises liability wrongful death claims.
- Acting as lead trial counsel in the successful defense of a large retail tenant against a multi-million dollar breach of lease claim where the tenant conceded liability and defended the case on damages issues only.
- Acting as lead trial counsel in the successful prosecution of a multi-million dollar successor liability and piercing the corporate veil claim.
- Acting as lead trial counsel in the successful prosecution of more than a dozen different commercial breach of lease cases each involving damages in excess of a million dollars.
- Acting as lead counsel in the defense of a major agricultural and construction equipment manufacturer with respect to tractor and skid steer loader litigation.
- Representation of major national banks in litigation involving a variety of financial transactions, including loan enforcement actions, breach of contract, FCRA, FDCPA, TILA, Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practice, and replevin cases seeking injunctive relief.
- Representation of a large common package carrier in a variety of matters, including personal injury and breach of contract.
- Representation of employers in actions to enforce non-solicitation covenants and covenants not to compete.
- Product Liability
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Automotive Industry
Education and Honors
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D., 2003)
- DePaul University (B.A., with honors, 1999)
- Newberry Library Scholar
- DePaul University LCA Journal of Art and Entertainment Law (Editor)
- Merit Scholar
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2003
Professional and Civic Activities
- Chicago Bar Association (Member)
- Chicago Bar Foundation (Member)
- Young Professionals Board (Member)
- Chicago Rebels AAU Basketball Club (Board Member)
- Selected for inclusion in Illinois Super Lawyers®–Rising Star Edition (2008–2016: Business Litigation)
- Leading Lawyers Network member