Daniel Young is a member of the firm's Business Law Practice Group, where he focuses his practice on all aspects of business law related to the strategic growth and ongoing success of his established and entrepreneurial clients in areas of closely-held, private or family businesses, emerging growth and technology businesses.
Dan serves as outside general counsel to variety of companies and is a trusted advisor to individuals and businesses in areas of law regarding mergers and acquisitions, shareholder, boards of directors and governance matters, e-commerce and licensing, contract structure and negotiations, PE and VC funding, commercial litigation and dispute resolution, real estate, employment, joint and international ventures and intellectual property.
Dan has previously served as in-house, general counsel for an innovative, online marketing and technology company used to support customers in the hospitality, financial services, transportation and package good industries. He was responsible for all legal, regulatory and compliance matters for the company and monitored and oversaw all outside legal matters related to the company's mission, operations and strategic direction. Dan also served as US counsel to a Toronto, Canada based, publicly traded technology company supporting the company's e-commerce and technology solutions to the world's top retail brands and their back-end operations.
Dan also worked in-house for a major US based airline in both the corporate legal and human resources departments. He was responsible for a wide variety of legal and human resource related activities and programs, including FAA and DOT enforcement activities, monitored internal company operational policies and procedures and reviewed outside legal counsel work related to commercial transactions, commercial litigation and intellectual property.
Prior to and during law school, Dan worked as a research analyst for a major Wall Street brokerage firm in New York and as a research assistant for the Minnesota State Auditor's Office focusing on municipal bond financing.
- Business Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- International Services
Education and Honors
- William Mitchell College of Law (J.D., 1990)
- Law Review
- Marquette University (B.S., 1986)
- Major: Finance
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- Superior Court of Arizona
- District Court of Minnesota
- Wisconsin Circuit Court
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Arizona Bar Association (Member)
- Minnesota Bar Association (Member)
- Wisconsin Bar Association (Member)
- Volunteer Lawyers Network (Member)
- St. John’s Prep School (Board of Regents, President Alumni Association)
- Feed My Starving Children (Board of Directors, Legal Counsel)
- James J. Hill Reference Library (Board of Directors, Board Chair)
- Minnesota Special Olympics, Northland 300 (Legal Counsel)
- Hennepin County (Ethics Review Committee)
- Minnesota Bar Association (Moot Court Judge)
- LegalCORPs (Volunteer Lawyer)
- St. Thomas University Law School Mentorship Program
- William Mitchell College of Law Business Law Mentorship Program
- Advocate for the Office of the Metropolitan Tribunal - Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis
- Minnesota Cup, Divisional Business Plan Judge
- Wisconsin Governor’s Business Plan Judge
- Arizona Small Business Development Center Network (Volunteer Lawyer)
- Community Action Partnership for Hennepin County (Volunteer Lawyer)
- University of Wisconsin - River Falls Business School (Adjunct Professor)
- National Business Institute (Presenter)
- Continuing Legal Education (Presenter)
- Minnesota Law & Politics "Super Lawyer" award in the Business Law Category